Stephanie L. Zeppa is a partner in the Corporate & Securities Group in the firm’s San Francisco and Silicon Valley office. Her corporate expertise spans businesses in a variety of industries including software and information technology, life sciences and healthcare and food and beverage.
Nationally recognized as a leading venture capital and M&A lawyer, Chambers USA’s Guide to Leading Lawyers noted Ms. Zeppa is described by clients as “a very solid ally on your team,” “a very logical and fast thinker” and “an excellent negotiator” with a “broad understanding of issues.” Ms. Zeppa has extensive experience representing both private and public companies in a wide range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, investments, strategic transactions as well as corporate governance matters.
She also represents emerging growth companies, founders, institutional and strategic investors in connection with formation, financing and exits of emerging growth and technology companies. Ms. Zeppa is Leader of the firm’s Social Media and Games Team.
- Represented venture fund investors in various early and late stage institutional rounds of investments for a diverse range of technology companies including Berkeley Lights, Liquid Space, SV Tools, Kiip, Bitfinder, Delighted, InvoiceASAP, MobilePD, Ekahau, DNA Direct and Reaction Housing Systems.
- Represented Samsung Venture Investment Corporation in connection with numerous venture financings.
- Represented a variety of technology companies in connection with equity financings and corporate matters including 11 Honoré, Finexio, WiserCare, HealthLoop, LivWell Health, Jurni, FishFishMe, HoneyBee, Synthicity, ServiceMesh, Theia.IO, BillForward, and Zordera
- Represented Diageo Plc in its sale of Chalone Estate Vineyard (producer of award-winning Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in the Chalone appellation in Monterey County) to Foley Family Wines.
- Represented Diageo Plc in the acquisition of its U.S. and British wine units by the Australia’s Treasury Wine Estates (TWE.AX) for $552 million.
- Advised on Sony Computer Entertainment America’s separate acquisitions of Incognito Entertainment, Red Zone Interactive, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch Productions and Zipper Interactive, developers of consumer software entertainment products.
- Represented Essence Digital, an award winning digital agency with global reach and Fortune 100 technology clients, in acquisition of mobile advertising company Point Reach, and digital media group Black Bag. Acted as outside general counsel for North American expansion.
- Acted as company counsel in spin out of therapeutic and related intellectual property assets from UCSF.
- Represented digital play studio Toca Boca in a licensing deals with Amazon and Microsoft and distribution deals with partners like VTech.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1999, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Pepperdine University, 1994, cum laude
Admissions : California
- Advisor, VLAB
- Catalyst Award Program Advisor, Clinical and Translational Science Institute – UCSF
- Member, California Bar Association
- Advisor, Astia
- Board Member, Compass Family Services
Rate : $$$